Wednesday 14 June 2023

Porsche #cdmporsche911challenge

 

© Juan Méndez
My entry for the Car Design Magazines Instagram design challenge.

I found some inspiration in the old 550. Something I really like about that car, is its simplicity. So for my proposal I wanted to keep a similar direction.

It is curious how nowadays manufacturing processes, have become more complex. It is possible to produce all kinds of shapes. However, I'm not sure if that has really helped to improve car's appearance. Suddenly it appears as if there was some kind of yearning or craving, among companies (not all of them of course) for creating the most intricated surfaces and volumes possible. Is that really necessary? From my point of view, most of the times, it has not been a very succesful enterprise, at least in terms of aesthetics. Several examples come to my mind, I'm not gonna mention any though...

What do you think? Do you agree?

So that's why I decided to make something very neat for this occasion.

As usual, this sketch was made just for fun. I commonly doodle a few views to later pick one and render it, so this was the "winner", the selected one. Hopefully I'll work on a second one and post it here later.

Thanks in advance for your kind comments!

I'll also take the chance to thank my friend Marcin Wasilewsky from Car Design Pro.

No comments:

Post a Comment